Redirecting help!

benji87

Hi all im trying to create a little comments page similar to a shoutbox. Trouble is when i make a post i cant make it redirect correctly  ??? i always get a mysql_numrows() is not a valid resource. Im not sure why it does this but i guess its something to do with me trying to redirect it by parsing variables through the URL. Although i have tried using javascript goback function but i get a similar error. Here is my form submit code:

<?
include 'db.php';

$id = $_GET['id'];
$username = $_GET['u'];
$title = $_GET['t'];

$topicid = $_POST['id'];
$comment = $_POST['message'];
$commentby = $_POST['commentby'];

$date = date("j F");

$sql = mysql_query("INSERT INTO ssrfc_noticecomments (topicid, comment, commentby, date)
VALUES('$topicid', '$comment', '$commentby', '$date')") or die (mysql_error());

if(!$sql){
echo 'There has been an error while trying to submit your post.';
} else {

header("Location: http://www.alns.co.uk/ssrfc/member/showcomments.php?id=$id&u=$username&t=$title");	
$id = mysql_insert_id();
}
?>

after the header function, shouldnt there be an exit;

and another thing, try this for your slq:

$sql = mysql_query("INSERT INTO ssrfc_noticecomments (topicid, comment, commentby, date)
VALUES('".$topicid."', '".$comment."', '".$commentby."', '".$date."')") or die (mysql_error());

and I just dont understand what your'e gonna do with the insert_id?

Ignore that sorry it shouldnt be there! Well i dont understand what difference changing the query would make?? That part works fine its just the redirecting thats the problem it doesnt parse the variables through the url for some reason!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.