How to explore the local drives with PHP

w_lamp

I want to create an Web Application like File Explorer in windows.

eg: www.explore.com/exploredrives.php

So that user can view his/her local drives, directories and files information in the browser.

Is it possible to explore the local drives (not the server drives), directories and files using PHP. I tried but failed

thx,

w_lamp

I do not think it matters.

Think of it this way, if I can get the structure of your drives locally, I than can use that to determine different items and exploit your system. This opens up a can of worms that no one wants to touch.

Even with JavaScript I could report to a file with all of your drive structures etc and from their find a loop hole to enter the system.

With that said, there would probably be a way for me to exploit that JS code and gain read/write privileges to the local system. There is a reason you cannot do this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.