Create an array of curstom objects

BenMo

I'm trying to create an array of an object that I've defined.  For example, let's say I've created the object "person":

function person(firstname,lastname,age,eyecolor)

{

this.firstname=firstname

this.lastname=lastname

this.age=age

}

now I want to create an array of "person" objects so that I can do things like refer to thePerson[1].firstname, but I can't figure out how to combine the array and custom object syntax.  For example, to make an array I go:

var theArray = new Array()

And this leaves no room for me to declare the array as an array of my objects, since the "new" keyword is already used up on the Array...I've tried things like:

var thePeople = new person;

thePeople[0].firstname = "bob"

thePeople[1].firstname = "cindy"

But this doesn't work.  Any help?  Thanks so much!  Let me know if I'm not explaining the question well.  It's probably something really obvious but I can't figure it out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.