need help with an active user script.

Pyro4816

ok, i am trying to create an active users script for my site, i already have a system in place so that every place you visit it logs your session name and the time, i have mysql select users active in the last 15 minutes without a problem. The thing is there are multiple entries where the same session id is up, just different places and times. I want it to only display there name once even if they are in there 15 times. I want the ones it selects to be the most recent, time wise.

if its for members, as in people registed on your website, id just have a last active time feild in your database.... in this format

date("YmdHi");

now add 15 or something to it

this will return the yearmonthdayhourminute

eg. 200704032241

get the current time, with this format again then if(date(YmdHi<last active feild){ do the shit

full code:

<?php
$time = date("YmdHi");
$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE lastactive > $time"); //edit this to suit you
$row = mysql_fetch_array($query));
$number = mysql_num_rows($query); //number of people online

echo "number of people active in last 15 minutes: $number<br /><br />
people active in last 15 minutes:<br/>
$row[username]";
?>

OK, can anyone tell me how to do what i am asking, please stop telling me how to rewrite my system, can anyone just answer my question? All i want to do is make a result with multiple rows use the latest row for a field. Thank you, but again my system is final, i will not rewrite it, so could anyone help me do something like this:

EXAPLE:

Pyro 12545

Pyro 12546

Pyro 12547

Matt 12548

Matt 12547

RESULT:

Pyro 12547

Matt 12548

your doing it wrong, if youve got it in a seperate table:

mysql_query(SELECT * FROM your table);

now that yue got all the results, to upate it use

$amount = mysql_num_row(mysql_query(SELECT * FROM your table WHERE username=username));

if($amount>1){ update the value }else{ insert all infromation..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.