Accessing user file path from $_FILES array?

hukadeeze

Is there an element in the $_FILES array that provides the full path to an uploaded document? I'm doing server-side form validation, and there are many other fields other than the upload field. If there is an error in the form the user is sent back to correct it. I'm sending back and displaying all the correct, completed information so the user doesn't have to re-enter it. I don't want the user to have to browse for the file again, so I want the full path to show in the upload field, rather than just the filename ($_FILES['file']['name']).

What do you think would be a good way to handle it then? Put a note near the file input field telling them they don't have to do it again? Just let them do it again? If I didn't reload the field at all they would probably freak out and think they broke something

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.