[SOLVED] mySQL on localhost?

clown[NOR]

well... i'm about to install php on my computer but I have some ok knowledge about it, so I wanted to tryout MySQL now since i'm going to learn it anyway :) so what i wonder is if there's any posibility to download MySQL and install it on my computer.. btw... i do need apache right?

and how big are Apache & PHP? the partition I've made for  hosting my test sites is currently on aprox 30GB... should that be enough or should I give it more space?

Do you have some good resources for learning MySQL?  I don't know how much you've used the language/database before, but the manual is actually pretty accessible.  Especially read/review chapters 3 and 11-13.  I'm sure there's plenty of material online, but the book by Paul duBois was very helpful to me, too.  And typing in queries and seeing the output in the MySQL client gives you a good sense of what's happening.

Hope that's helpful.  Have fun with it!

I dont have that book, but I have google and you guys..haha =) I've made a complete address book now (w/edit and delete) =) not that impressive, but my first ever..hehe..

but I have an ability to pick up things pretty fast... never thought that MySQL was so "easy"... all you need to do is using your head and think logic =)

like... how much do you need to understand than this? SELECT FROM, UPDATE, WHERE, etc... it's really logical =)

but when I first looked at it.. like the very first time it looked like rocketsience written in latin =)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.