[SOLVED] Displaying Table Content Question

Guest tantrum_jon

Guest tantrum_jon

Greetings.

I am attempting to display information from a table within a MySQL database, but I am having a problem with how to write the line to show only what I want.  I am a beginner/intermediate coder and I'm still learning.  Here is what I am attempting.

I have a database that will display news and events.  I want to display the news/event title, content and the date of the post.  That is not my problem, pulling that from the database and showing it is particularly easy.  My problem, is I only want to show the 5 newest news and/or events for example.  I am aware that the text WHERE ID = 1 or WHERE ID = >5 can be used, but what would I used to show the newest posts?  I want to show 5 posts, and as I add a new post, I want the oldest to not be displayed, and the newest to be added to the top of the listing.

Thank you in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.