Configuring the apache server to work through external ip address.

saj0577

Hiya does anyone know how to get it so i can map my external ip address with my internal one. I have done this with my TeamSpeak server and it works fien but when i try the same principle with my apache server it does not work and the apache server can only be accessed thought computers on my network.

Is this a firewall problem (most likely) or a apache setup problem? It would be great if someone could talk me through it as i am confused as it normally works and has worked for my VNC server TeamSpeak Server etc... so i dont see why apache should be different. Which leads me to believe it is an apache set up problem thank you.

I told apache to use port 80 on the install but then went into the setup file and changed ti to use port 8080 as port 80 is used by my router as the router set up page.

Regards

Saj

Guest prozente

You will want to check what ip address apache is listening on, if it is listening on the loopback address ie 127.0.0.1 then this is why you cannot forward the port correctly. You will also want to check any firewalls you have on the machine to allow incoming traffic on the port.

Your router likely only uses port 80 for it's internal address. Most the routers I've used(which is a lot) don't listen on the external IP address on port 80 so you can still use 80 if that is the case.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.