[SOLVED] Simple password protected page?

PirateBagel

I only need to secure one page, and security isnt that big of an issue.

All im looking for is a username/password prompt (I only need one logon)

I don't want to deal with mySQL databases, adding, tracking, blah blah blah - Just a login.

I've been searching and everything I find isnt what I'm looking for, I know this cannot be too much code.

Thanks,

Adam

if you don't want to deal with a database, the only way to authenticate a user is on the server level. this should be easy to implement, altho it would be more difficult if you are using a hosting company to host your site, but still do-able.

...or you can hard-code the passwords in your script.

<?php
        $passwords = array('dirka', 'poop', 'admin', 'reefer');

$bool = false;
        if(isset($_POST)){
                foreach($passwords as $password){
                        if($_POST['password'] == $password){ $bool = true; }
                }
                if($bool = true){ header(Location: www.yoursite.com/successfulLogin.php); }
                else{ echo "You have not entered the correct password. Please try again."; }
        }

echo "
                <form action=\"\" method=\"post\">
                enter password:<input type=\"password\" name=\"password\">
                <input type=\"submit\" value=\"Submit\">
                </form>
             ";
?>

The only problem with boo's is that one, anyone can access successful login. two, it will always send them to that page due to $bool = true, it is assigning it to true which is always true =)

That script you posted is a good one. Another option would be .htaccess with .htpasswd, but if that script works for you, great. 

=)

The only problem with boo's is that one, anyone can access successful login. two, it will always send them to that page due to $bool = true, it is assigning it to true which is always true =)

That script you posted is a good one. Another option would be .htaccess with .htpasswd, but if that script works for you, great. 

=)

say what now? :)

EDIT: OH did you mean this part?

if($bool == true){

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.