PHP SMTP config

jlr2k8

Hmm... I can't seem to figure this out. I have PHP5 set up with IIS6 and everything works great, except I can't get the SMTP feature in IIS to work.

This is my PHP.ini configuration:

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

sendmail_from = localhost

But... I get the following error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in E:...email.php on line 44

does your server have a mail server on it??

If you are not running an exchange server or some other mail server that will not work.

You also need to restart your webserver for the changes to take effect.

If you do not have a mail server use the smtp from your isp. same one from outlook or outlook express

Ray

A lot of times PORT 25 is blocked by ISPs. I am not sure about IIS setup, but usually you need to install a mail server on the machine.

IIS may do that for you, but again I am not sure. I know Comcast does block Port 25.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.