Transfer-Encoding: chunked 1a64

jrsjrsjrs

So, I'm setting up a client's site on their server, and the line "Transfer-Encoding: chunked 1a64"(with different letters/numbers at the end) is being placed at the top of the page in the Safari web browser.

The site worked fine on the test server ( http://www.jeremysadwith.com/crown ), but as soon as it was placed on  the new server ( http://www.crownbeer.com/test ), this started popping up. It ONLY happens on Safari and ONLY on the client's server, and it also seems to be affecting some of my forms(they don't always submit when I press the submit button)

When I set up a support ticket, this is what they wrote back....

Thank you for contacting us.  I don't have Safari to test your site on but

on the two browser I tried I didn't have any problems.  Has it been

resolved?  If the problem is only on 1 browser then it usually indicates

that the browser is not interpreting the html code the same way other

browsers do.

Yea! Thanks a lot! I've never had this problem on any other server, and there's no option to switch to a new server.

http://www.concentric.com is the host.

Anybody have any thoughts or ideas I could use to fix this?

Thanks a TON.

Jeremy

Guest prozente

if you take a look at the HTTP response sent by the server you will see something like the below

HTTP/1.1 200 Document follows
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 01:00:00 GMT
Server: ConcentricHost-Ashurbanipal/1.8 (Concentric(R))
Content-type: text/html
Connection: close
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.2
:

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

These headers aren't fully valid as you can see the colon on the line after "X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.2". The first colon is suppose to follow the name of the header. In this case no header name is being sent. If you look at it in hex you would see

3A 0A 20 20 20 0D  0A

3A being the colon

0A is a newline, this shouldn't be here, it's the same as \n in PHP

20 Which is a space, one space is expected directly after the colon then the remainder of the data is suppose to be the value of the header up until the carriage return and newline (0D 0A) this signifies the end of the header.

So as you can see the server is sending an invalid header.

Transfer-Encoding: chunked is used to tell the browser to download the page in parts instead of all at once. The problem is that extra odd header.

Guest prozente

Check your script(s) to see if you are using header() anywhere. If so, double check any variables you maybe passing to it. It could also be a misconfigured module for the webserver.

Guest prozente

Since it sounds like you didn't setup the server I'd say report the details about the extra header to your host. They should know what modules and options they have configured.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.