Hoping to get some answers to a problem

tridean34

Hi All,

Is it possible to create some sort of script that will enable me to send a unique username and password with a purchase of an ebook.

The problem I am facing is that the shopping carts that allow ebook pro integration (ie, they will store the usernames and passwords for you and spit them out individually with each new order) are $80/month.

Now $80/month isn't the issue, as these carts come with affiliate modules and auotresponder and opt in modules.

The issue is because they a remotely hosted they have ridiculous restrictions on the size of your ebooks. To overcome the restrictions, they allow you to bundle the ebook, which then in turn stuffs up the affilaite tracking (ie, instead of an affilaite selling 1 item, they end up being tracked the number that makes up the bundle - so if your ebook is bundled into 16 smaller chunks, the affiliate thinks they have sold 16 ebooks)

To make matters even worse, is that there are times when the cart doesn't speak with someone like paypal at the time of purchase, which means we have to manually process the order anyway which completely defeats the purpose of paying for ebook pro integration. If you know what I mean

So my thought is to set up a cart on my local host, but I need to be able to set up some sort of database that triggers each time a sale is made and sends out the next username and password in line (as each username and password is unique)

Can this be done?

Best Wishes

Dean

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.