[SOLVED] I don't know

ViperSBT

OK, I tried for awhile to come up with a reasonable Subject that explained what I was looking to do, but couldn't.  So here it is:

I have a table that is loaded with competition results.  These results are fairly simplistic being that the table consists primarily of the competitor number and the points the competitor earned at a particular event.  So the four fields are 'id', 'competitor', 'event', 'points'.  A competitor will be listed multiple times in the this table, based upon its entries in multiple events and the points earned for each of those events.

Now for the tricky part.  When doing reporting, I query this table by competitor to get a listing of all events the competitor entered as well as the points earned for each event, and I can sort this by the event so it shows chronologically the points the competitor earned.

The thing that I am trying to figure out, is how to identify which event a competitor crossed a certain point level.  As an example, I want to know which event a competitor earned their 5,000th point.  I would like to be able to do this as part of the query, is it possible, or will it have to be done in PHP after the query is returned?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.