Can php mysql server sort?

11Tami

Hello, is there a way to make mysql server sort its fields? Like if I wanted the fields to appear by alphabet of the name instead of just which one was entered first.

Please let me know if you can sort these fields, I looked everywhere can't see how to do it, yet other databases can sort. Please let me know, thank you very much.

Thanks, first there is the whole database, then the tables. Then all the fields in each table. The fields in the table is what I need sorted. So right now I have many fields in one table. The first field is listed as "name." With other fields after it. When I click on browse to look at all the rows that have been entered, the rows are not listed alphabetically. Instead they are listed by which row was entered first and last.

Another way to explain it. There are forms on the web pages. Each person comes along and enters their information. It is sent to the database. Each entry for each person appears as a row in the fields. So I have all these rows being added. But they are being with the last one being added at the end. Instead of alphabetical by what their name is.

Fields, first field is name  [name] [information]

Rows                            [Tami]  [Tamisinfo]  [grey]

[betty] [bettyinfo]  [blue]

I'd like it to be alphabetical by name, so that Betty would come before Tami. Not Betty last just because she entered her stuff in after Tami. Either sorted alphatically automatically when they are added. Or sorted when I come along later and hit a button to sort everything. Hope someone knows a way. Thank you very much.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.