(Sessions) Users stay logged in untill they open a pop-up or external page

gloveny

Hi all, I used PHPBB as the initial site but gradually pahsed it out untill I was left with just using the login system and the tracking code so I could keep track of users.  I finanly got rid of that and made my own log in system.  As long as the user stays "in the site" loading page window by page window everything is fine.  But if say they open a profile which lanuches in to a new window, suddenyl tehy get logged out.   

The way I implemented the "stay logged in" system was simple to call session_start() at the top of every page and make sure that $_SESSION["user_id" was alwasy set to something higher than 0.      I've treid emitting the session_start() call in the pages that get launched in a new window but its still logs out the user. 

I really dont understand this, can someone please explain why this happens?

Thanks, look forward to your reply.

Graham

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.