[SOLVED] table in a table

The_eXXe

Hi guys!

Think that you have a table or layer. how can we set the width of the table/layer static?

Some of you may say, setting width to some value. Ok it is for text. Layer or table will not go larger than the width itself.

What if you have a table or an image in a layer with width is larger than the layer/table?

I am really tired, exausted if there is a mistake in my english, sorry. I will attach a picture to make this problem much more clear.

The text in the picture called "A Few About Myself" is coming from database with HTML codes. I have provided a wysiwyg editor to let them make some HTML things. But think user made a table with width is larger than I expect (shown as in picture). Do you have any idea how to solve this situation?

First I was thinking parsing the string and find table width in it and change the size to maximum value which does not exceed the limit of the page, before writing to database. It looks like a little messy. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks. Any help or at least help attempts will be appriciated  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

First put in a <div> like this:

<div style='width: 350px; overflow : auto; padding: 5px;'>Then put user's table here</div>

Just change the width of the div to whatever you need, it will scroll automatically and not get too big.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.