Online Calender / Booking Tool

shadowwebs

I have made a website for an estate agents, just a nice simple HTML with a bit of PHP for contact forms, and then a folder which is password protected for customers to log into, I have just set the password using the hosting so didnt do any coding for this.

What he is now after though is a page for something called 'Inventories Online' where a user can register themselves to be able to log in and view details that are submitted by themselves or there customers from time to time.  I can create the page to display the form fields for submission and for it to submit via email but I think it would be better to have a database coded so that the details go straight in so I dont have to manually set this up each time.

There will then be a seperate page for Log In where once they are logged into there own space they will be able to submit details and these will appear straight away either on the page itself or on the page and a downloadable PDF.

This is all way over my head and just wondered if anyone would be able to help, as I say if it comes to it I will set it up so that I do it manually each time.

The other problem is the coding for when say Mr Bob logs in he gets his own page and when Mr Smith logs in he gets his own page...would this be part of PHP coding.

He then wants the calender to be available so they can book things against certain dates and then the master calender will be available to the site owner.

Any help on this will be appreciated, I havent got a clue how to work around this one...I have bought a few PHP/SQL books but doesnt seem to be much help in those, is it even PHP that I would use on this problem?

Thanks

James

1st Post

as for the calendar... sure :-)

function get_daysinmonth($month, $year){
if(checkdate($month, 31, $year)) return 31;
elseif(checkdate($month, 30, $year)) return 30;
elseif(checkdate($month, 29, $year)) return 29;
elseif(checkdate($month, 28, $year)) return 28;
return false;
}

$month=date(m);
$year=date(Y);
for($i=0; $i<=$k; $k=get_daysinmonth($month,$year); $i++){
echo $i;
}

tha'd give you a list of all the days in the month, then you just have to arrange em... i got more if you want... i'd have to go home to get my full calendar tho... lol

i know i do it the long way... but owell... lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.