SQL VIEW table

oceans

Dear People,

Please advice:

When I make a view table in mysql for as pre request from a client, does this table belongs to the this client only or all the clients who uses the server.

My intension, i want to create exclusive "temp" tables for clients, where no other clients will be able to go into it.

Thanks Banard,

This leeds to another question,

Say two clients are coming in, am i right to say the slightly first client gets his scripts done first, the second waits till the first is over the the second gets his work, this way the table will die after the first script is over

I have been doing SOCK programming, when I did in VC and VB, I will take care of FIFO server access, I also make sure only one client gets his access at any moment and the rest will Q for their turn, and will of course get their access eventually.

I want to know if PHP MySQL interaction is also same as above by default. That is, though there may be n number of client script run request, only one script should be processed per time, that is no multi threading.

Windows does multi thread, thus I will force it not to, thus if PHP MySQL interaction is multi thread like, how can I force it.

Well nothing seriously will get wrong in my application, just worried about my view tables, one opens it and the rest sees it.

No,

I tested, It DOES NOT appear exclusive!

I have two independent pages with different name, in one i create a view then list the view, i have not dropped it yet,

i ran my second page call for the view i still can list my view.

If you said it is exclusive the second page should not have returned a result.

Members, please help me, this is very importent to me, i have to take a one way route based on this.

I am creating any responsibility here.

But in any care create a view is far simple way for me to so microscoped search.

please guide me, thanks.

I am tired, got to go, i will try after some break, my eyes are red!!!

but let me comfirm before going.

my intention,

as usual i will have n number of clients.

as usual clients will walk from page to page carrying along sessions variables.

for a client i will create this table in page 1 and will only use this table in page 3.

mean while if another client comes to the page 1 or 3 he will have his own table and will not use the earlier client's table.

please confirm my understanding, thanks.

honest i prefer temp tables (view), if not i can't imagine creating so many if else combinations.

Give me a chance, I am not working on your time!

I've been led astray already because you started talking about TEMPORARY tables but you've now introduced a new scenario of wanting the table several pages later.

I'm doing <b>your</b> research for you at mysql.com seeing what it says about VIEWS and what your options are. Correction - I was.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.