File uploads once page submits

Hello everyone,

My problem may be simple, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I have a form that has some text fields, text areas and radio buttons. I can submit those and insert a database record using AJAX just fine. But I also have some file input types. I realize that, since using true AJAX you must pass values via Javascript, it is either impossible or problematic to pass file inputs as parameters.

So, I have been looking at a lot of online tutorials showing how to use IFrames. I've never dealt with them before. Yet, all of these tutorials show how to use an IFrame to upload files in sequence (without actually submitting a form as a whole). I only want the images to upload after the entire form submits and all fields validate. How do I do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.