Paypal Shopping Cart for Audio Streams

bschultz

I need some advice.  I'm looking to require payment AND authentication for a live audio stream for my site.  The system would be something like this:

-User pays for the stream using Paypal.  The shopping cart would need to add the required data (username and password)to MY server's Mysql table.  They might pay for a single stream (one event) or they may purchase ALL streaming events.

-User then gets redirected to the login page

-User then enters the username and password and is able to listen to the stream (port 8000)

I have a couple of questions, though.  Does anyone know of a shopping cart that plays with Paypal, that will also add the users info to my database, including which stream they purchased (single stream or every stream)?

Also, can I just require the authentication on the playlist file (which calls the direct stream on port 8000), or do I need to require authentication for port 8000 server-wide?

Thanks.

Brian

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.