A simple php echo question

egorig

Which one is the best :

echo ("My name is $name");

echo "My name is $name";

echo "My name is ".$name."";    i use this ! but is it better than the previous one? Is it necessary to concatenate?

echo ("My name is ".$name."");

echo "My name is "; echo $name;

Either one works, but the best all depends on your style.

Personally my favorite would be this:

<?php
echo "My name is " . $name;
?>

strictly because that way I know no funny business will happen to my variables. That is just how I do it.

honestly... its really down to personal preference...

personally... i template everything... so all my stuff is stored in strings, untill it hits the template.php in which is 99% html code... where i <?=$var?>

personally... i template everything... so all my stuff is stored in strings, untill it hits the template.php in which is 99% html code... where i <?=$var?>

What does it do?

<?php
<?=$var?>
?>

What does it do?

<?php
<?=$var?>
?>

Nothing anymore it has been depreciated. Best practice is to use this:

<html>
<title><?php print $var; ?></title>

Essentially what it used to do was just print a variable to the string, but some issues arose with that so they made that functionality depreciated as of 4.4 I believe not sure.

Anyhow if you plan on upgrading php anytime soon that will break anyscripts that use that methodology.

What does it do?

<?php
<?=$var?>
?>

Nothing anymore it has been depreciated. Best practice is to use this:

<html>
<title><?php print $var; ?></title>

Essentially what it used to do was just print a variable to the string, but some issues arose with that so they made that functionality depreciated as of 4.4 I believe not sure.

Anyhow if you plan on upgrading php anytime soon that will break anyscripts that use that methodology.

What type of issues arosed?

i've ran php 4.x, 5, 5.2, and have yet to find one where <?=$var?> doesnt work... besides... most of other php upgrades have been backwards compatable... i dont see why they'd cut this... maybe its not cool enough... lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.