Updating the same values to db

gaffafoote

Hi there.

I am pulling information from my database and populating some forms with this information. This is in the aim of letting the user UPDATE information. If the user then changes their mind about changing the values and leaves them the same, the query then tries to update the fields with the same values as they already contain. This then causes my scripts to stop yet mysql_error is not bringing back any information.

§

$query = "UPDATE fp_tags SET tag1='$tag1', tag2='$tag2', tag3='$tag3' WHERE page_id='$tid'";

$result = @mysql_query ($query) OR DIE(mysql_error());

echo '<p>'.mysql_error() .'<br /><br />This error relates to this query: ' .$query.

Yours with bleary eyes,

Gareth

Try "echo $query;", and take a look at it.

Also try adding this:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

That'll make sure php tells you why it is stopping.

If you're still having trouble, post your entire script here and we'll take a look :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.