Picture Upload to Certian Folder when button pressed...

bizerk

Alright so basically I have Three Submit buttons and a image uploader with user verifcation. What i want to happen is when you press the button that says "Submit Pictures", it will upload pictures to the "files/pictures/" directory, when you press "Submit School", it will upload files to the "files/school/" directory, and when you press "Submit Random", it will upload to the "files/random" directory. I made the script so that right now if the user and password are correct it wil upload to the directory "/files". Can anyone tell me what to do from the script i have so far:

<?

$lol = rand(1,100);
$browser = $REMOTE_ADDR;
$name = $_POST['name'];
$password = $_POST['password'];
$Submit = $_POST['Submit'];
$Submitschool = $_POST['Sschool'];
$Submitrandom = $_POST['Srandom'];
function uploadFiles($key)
{
$lol = rand(1,100);

copy ($_FILES[$key]['tmp_name'], "files/$lol".$_FILES[$key]['name'])
or die ("Error Occured When Uploading Image File to Directory");
echo "<br><u><b>File: {$_FILES[$key]['name']} Status</u></b><br><br>
File Size: {$_FILES[$key]['size']}<br>
File Type: {$_FILES[$key]['type']}<br>
<br><br>
File {$_FILES[$key]['name']} was uploaded Succesfully.<br>";
echo"<br> Click <a href='files/pictures/'>here</a> to see your files<br>";
}

if($_POST['Submit']) {
if($name =="test123" && $password =="lawlzzz" || $name=="rofl" && $password=="lolzorz")
{
foreach ($_FILES as $key=>$file)
		{
		if (!empty($file['name']))
			{
			uploadFiles($key);
			}
}
		}else{
		echo "Wrong Credentials, Please try to Login Again";
		}
		}
?>

So once again... how would i make it so if i had three buttons:

<input type="submit" name="Spictures" value="Submit PICTURES" />
            </p>
        <p align="center"><input type="Sschool" name="Submit" value="Submit SCHOOL STUFF" />
         </p>
        <p align="center">
          <input type="submit" name="Srandom" value="Submit Random" />

What would i need to do to make my script so it uploads the FILES to the specific directory when the button is pressed :/

You would need to incorporate javascript, and have the form actions depend on the button pushed.

the school submit button could have a onClick="submitSchool()" attribute, and so on.

The javascript functions could make the browser submit the info to    formprocess.php?type=school    type=random  type=pictures

etc :)

And then you could pull that variable from the URL and have your process.php page know which branch to upload to, based on that variable

Actually, I rethought my answer, and I decided I don't like it haha. I wouldn't even go that far. This can have such a simple solution...

Why have 3 submit buttons? Why not have ONE submit button, and just make use of 3 radio buttons, one for each action you want?

<input type="radio" name="uploadwhere" value="pictures"> Pictures<br>
<input type="radio" name="uploadwhere" value="school"> School<br>
<input type="radio" name="uploadwhere" value="random"> Random<br>

Then, one the process page, just use:

$_GET['uploadwhere'];

to find out which of the 3 was chosen, and build your if/switch statements around that :)

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at giving exact answers with codes... I just explain how I would solve it. Hopefully you understand what I outlined above. If you want to wait a bit, I am sure another person will help you out here :)

ah yeah that is a lot easier. I am not as good at JAVA as i am at php. alright well i understand that, but last time i tried radio buttons it didn't work well :/. Anyone give me an example of how to use a IF with radiobutton instance?

Can anyone give me an example of how I would make a script that if a radio button lets say named 'pictures' is pressed and is submitted how would I make it so if that radio button was selected

copy blablabla etc.?

• 2 years later...

Alright so basically I have Three Submit buttons and a image uploader with user verifcation. What i want to happen is when you press the button that says "Submit Pictures", it will upload pictures to the "files/pictures/" directory, when you press "Submit School", it will upload files to the "files/school/" directory, and when you press "Submit Random", it will upload to the "files/random" directory. I made the script so that right now if the user and password are correct it wil upload to the directory "/files". Can anyone tell me what to do from the script i have so far:

<?

$lol = rand(1,100);
$browser = $REMOTE_ADDR;
$name = $_POST['name'];
$password = $_POST['password'];
$Submit = $_POST['Submit'];
$Submitschool = $_POST['Sschool'];
$Submitrandom = $_POST['Srandom'];
function uploadFiles($key)
{
$lol = rand(1,100);

copy ($_FILES[$key]['tmp_name'], "files/$lol".$_FILES[$key]['name'])
or die ("Error Occured When Uploading Image File to Directory");
echo "<br><u><b>File: {$_FILES[$key]['name']} Status</u></b><br><br>
File Size: {$_FILES[$key]['size']}<br>
File Type: {$_FILES[$key]['type']}<br>
<br><br>
File {$_FILES[$key]['name']} was uploaded Succesfully.<br>";
echo"<br> Click <a href='files/pictures/'>here</a> to see your files<br>";
}

if($_POST['Submit']) {
if($name =="test123" && $password =="lawlzzz" || $name=="rofl" && $password=="lolzorz")
{
foreach ($_FILES as $key=>$file)
		{
		if (!empty($file['name']))
			{
			uploadFiles($key);
			}
}
		}else{
		echo "Wrong Credentials, Please try to Login Again";
		}
		}
?>

So once again... how would i make it so if i had three buttons:

<input type="submit" name="Spictures" value="Submit PICTURES" />
            </p>
        <p align="center"><input type="Sschool" name="Submit" value="Submit SCHOOL STUFF" />
         </p>
        <p align="center">
          <input type="submit" name="Srandom" value="Submit Random" />

What would i need to do to make my script so it uploads the FILES to the specific directory when the button is pressed :/

I had the same problem I solved it with more then one forms

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.