Calling Upon movie files by class id so the path can be hidden?

Heath

I am currently running mkportal, and have the media module installed. I would like to give the members of my site the opportunity to post all the files elsewhere, is there a way I can alter the php to call upon the files a different way such as classid? or maybe the number assigned for that page since its page is given a number, it just stores every thing in one folder on the server.

That's what I am saying, you would be better suited to ask the dev team for mkportal this information -- as most the people here haven't seen the coding style they have adapted, and thus while someone may be able to give you some sort of a code, odds are it wouldn't work due to the differences in programming style, etc...

Try talking to mkportal devs and if they are of no use, then send me to where i can download it and I will install it and see what I can do to help you with it...  as I myself have never even heard of mkportal.

MkPortal isn't a very helpful website when it comes to help, takes weeks some times to get simple answers. Im really just looking for some sort of example I can base my development off just so I can get a idea of what I need to do.

You can download the program at www.mkportal.it and then you need to download the media module as well here

http://mkportal.it/support/showthread.php?t=13275

thank you. I really appreciate the help. This has been on my agenda for a while now. Every time I search "php classid help" i get a thousand sites using classid's to call the files..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.