[SOLVED] help with join

Chris.P

I have created a join between two tables that gets all of the contents from both tables into one. I now need to do this again but only list the details for a particular id that that matches the variable $bandid. I cant figure out how to go about this as I don't be able to put in ore than one WHERE statement?  ???

<?php
$bandid = $_GET["bandid"];
	echo "<h1>Profile for: ".$bandid."</h1><br />";

include_once  'functions.php';

loginDetails();

$query = "SELECT users.id, users.bandname, users.bio, users.history, users.discography, images.path ".
	"FROM users, images ".
	"WHERE users.id = images.id";

First, a question: Do you understand the following sentence?

I cant figure out how to go about this as I don't be able to put in ore than one WHERE statement?

And now the answer:

SELECT user.id, user.bandname, user.bio, users.history, users.discography, images.path 
FROM users, images
WHERE users.id = images.id AND users.bandid = $bandid

or

SELECT user.id, user.bandname, user.bio, users.history, users.discography, images.path 
FROM users
     INNER JOIN images ON users.id = images.id
WHERE users.bandid =  $bandid

First, a question: Do you understand the following sentence?

I cant figure out how to go about this as I don't be able to put in ore than one WHERE statement?

And now the answer:

FROM users, images
WHERE users.id = images.id AND users.bandid = $bandid

or

FROM users
     INNER JOIN images ON users.id = images.id
WHERE users.bandid =  $bandid

Thanks, yes I do understand it although I could see why you may find it hard to understand due to the typos. Apologies for that I shall check before I post in the future.

I did try the AND statement before you posted which did not work although I think I may have missed off the table name. The solution you suggested works fine, thanks. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.