cannot logon to database over domain.

cluce

I currently have a dynamic web site published over my work's domain but I am having trouble connecting to the database over the domain. Currently, mySQL is configured locally. Can someone tell me how to configured this so my coworkers can logon on to the database through their machine.

Obviously, I have a connection issue....

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\email_info.php on line 8

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A call to an undefined function smacks of the extention not being loaded, not really a connection error.

Let me see if I understand your situation.  You have a PHP-driven website hosted on YOUR computer.  The MySQL db is also hosted on YOUR computer.  When accessing the website via a web broswer on YOUR computer, it works as expected.  However, when attempting to access the website that's hosted on YOUR computer from a web browser on ANOTHER computer, the above error message displayed.  Is this correct?

What do you mean by "when I try to logon or access the database?"  Do you mean accessing the website's pages which contain PHP involving the mysqli() functions, or actually trying to access the database via PHP on OTHER machines?

If the site and the database are on the same computer, mysql is not connecting "via web."  It's a localhost situation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.