Saving a Filled PDF form

diar33

Hi there,

I am trying to build some functionality where a user can fill out an editable PDF form and send it to my site. I realize I can just have them save and upload/email it, but if I could pull the fields out of the pdf and insert them into a database, I would really prefer that. I saw some ways to do this, but all were expensive commercial solutions which I can't afford.

Important points are storage space, ease of use and security. I really want the forms to be as secure as possible when submitted. I also think having to save and upload the pdf might be too difficult/too much work for some users and I want it to go as easily as possible.

Another idea I had was to have a link inside the pdf, which would save the form and send the user to the upload page, with the path already entered into the upload box? not sure how to even begin going about that though.

I did some searching on the forum and it seems like it's not as common a problem as I thought. Most php/pdf stuff seems to be just creating pdfs dynamically.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Travis

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.