Problem with admin panel and Ajax

Thaorius

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forums :D

Well, I'm having huge problems with the admin panel of my cms, the thing is that I designed it to use ajax, but, if you try to send certain characters(& for example) or to make a module, it's a huge pain in the ass. So, I have a few question:

1)What should I do?

a) Don't use Ajax, use an iframe and load the subpages there

b) Keep using ajax

If you think b is better, then:

2) How do you guys use ajax on things like that?

3) Should I use an ajax framework?

3) Wich one?

Thanks

I think you should use ajax, but via a framework like you said which should take care of the headaches for you. The two best in my opinion are Prototype http://www.prototypejs.organd Dojo http://dojotoolkit.org/. Dojo is a little more technical but flexible (maybe?) Prototype is more flash. I prefer Prototype in most situations.

Dojo is really impressive, I'm checking out prototype right now. But do you know a framework, but with server side functions? because, the main problem is there. Is a huge pain in the ass having to add really long urls that not always work and take a lot of time to make ajax work properly, I want, for example, that having this code:

<a href="somewhere.php" id="something">things</a>

It loads the somewhere.php in a div tag, same thing with forms.

Do you know any of the kind?

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.