[SOLVED] E-mail notification of new guestbook entry

Styler001

In my php script is the following code for when a person makes a new guestbook entry on my site:

{
echo "<br>Your comment has been entered into our guestbook.  Thank you.<br><br /><a href=\"javascript:window.close();\">Close Window</a>";
}

I would like to add some code to automatically send me an e-mail (let's say to my_email@my_email.com) when the above code is executed.  All it needs to say is something like, "New guestbook entry" in the subject line without any message text.

I know this is basic stuff.  But, for the life of me, I can't remember where I saw an example of this before.  And I'm assuming this would be placed before the final }.

Thanks in advance.

<?php

{
mail("my_email@my_email.com", "New Guestbook Entry", "");
echo "<br>Your comment has been entered into our guestbook.  Thank you.<br><br /><a href=\"javascript:window.close();\">Close Window</a>";
}

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.