read dir, print list, sort by date, no database

fluxem

hey guys..

I am rather new to php and I have a script that I've been trying to put together to accomplish a task for a client of mine..

here is what I have been trying to do:

- ability for the client to upload a video typically about 20-30mb in size and it inserts into /ministry/uploads/ folder that i created (i have this built and its working using a java ftp applet)

- i will have her name the flv video files by date, ie; 2006-12-26 and 2007-01-05

- on the front-end for her visitors it will show a list of the 20 latest videos, ordered by date, that are in the ministry/uploads/ folder. The list of dates will appear as a hyperlink(like this --> 2006-12-26) (im using a little ajax script that once the link is clicked it will open in a designated content area and a flash video player will play it. Please note i have the ajax script and video player ready to go)

- so when she uploads the latest flv video file it will auto delete the oldest the (21st video)

I really appreciate any help on this.. I've been trying for a couple weeks , off and on , on how to create this but like I said I'm really new to php..

thanks so much,, hope to hear back  :)

delete from both the list of links and from the folder..

I'm not using a database with this..  since the files were so large (for a php upload - 20-30mb) I'm using a pre-built.. java ftp file upload applet and I did not know how to get this applet to communicate with a mysql database.. so thats why I need the help with just having php do everything without a database..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.