Trying to create a few things in PHP... Need Help... NEWBIE

QWERTYtech

Hey everyone.  Just want to say this is a great site.  Anywayz, I am really new to PHP and I need some help figuring things out.  I have not written anything in PHP before so I have no code to show.  Im sorry  .

My page is coded in XHMTL and I am using MySQL for my database.

The first thing I need to create is a Registration page that will allow visitors to create login names.  I want the PHP page to check the db whenever the user puts in a Username to make sure its not already being used.  The information I want to collect is Username, Password, Nickname/Realname, the <image verification>, etc.  After submitting the info to the db I want it to email them a confrimation to their email address that they have to click on to fully register.

Secondly, I want to add a <script> to every page that checks to see if the user is logged in and if so it shows their Username and Profile options.  If they are not logged in then it will show a Login & Register links.

Lastly,  I want to create a Contact Me page that allows anyone to submit some information and then that information is emailed to me. I also want it to be saved in a db.

I know this is alot and I wish I knew some basic coding so that I could show you what I have done/want.  I know what I want to do in my head but i just don't know how to code it.

Thanks for any help!!!!

QWERTYtech

If you currently don't know any PHP at all, you shouldn't be taking on scripts like this. I would suggest either going and finding some tutorials and get the basics down, or post in the freelancing forum and get paid help for your job.

There are plenty of tutorials out there on this exact topic, probably one of the biggest needed PHP wants for people. You should go find some of those, try them out, then when you are struggling to get the code to work you can post for help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.