how can I host my website for other users on my internal network to view???

cluce

I currently have apache php and mysql installed on my computer. My website works fine on my localhost. How can I set this up so that other users on the same domain as me can view my website through their browser on theri machine. Or what would my web address?  I have been struggling with these all week. I even tried IIS in Windows which works fine until someone tries to connect to the database when they logon I get a connection error.  If there is way to use Apache with windows to host the website on an internal network I sure coiuld use some guidance on how to do that.  Thanksss

If there is no firewall blocking communication with your internal computers, then all you need to do to access the site internally is type in the ip address of the computer.  If there is a firewall then you need to open port 80 (assuming you have the default config in apache).

ex. ip address of apache server is 192.168.0.100

type in "http://192.168.0.100"

A very easy piece of software to get is Xampp. It is an apache, mysql server in one. Has MANY addons such as PHP, PEAR etc. All you have to do is click a setup file and everything is configured and working together properly. Well after you go through a very easy wizard that asks you what version of PHP you want etc then it will be setup.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.