ajax page misbehaving

minuteman

I have my first ajax page working. I use a db to tell ajax which page to load. When I want to switch pages I use a form to change the db. Ajax then picks this up and changes page. So far so good, works sweet.

I started experimenting a little with using an Iframe on one of these pages. It seems any page loaded into the ifram with an animated gif will cause ajax to refresh the whole page (not just the Iframe but the page the iframe is in ). A plain text file in the iframe behaves fine.

All these pages were loaded from remote sites, and 3 different domain names and hosts.

Any one have an idea where I should start looking? Or an idea how to suprress this action?

I can't understand why it would be doing it anyway? I thought it would only refresh if there was a change in the db? Why would changes within the page cause that?  Is it possible ajax within the loaded pages are causing it? I don't have access to those.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.