[SOLVED] Simple question: Can AJAX run in a browser that doesn't support Javascript?

bobleny

Thats what I suspected... I was hoping that some how the XML would make the Javascript a server side language...

I don't like to use any Javascript, because if the browser isn't capable of handling it then you run into problems. I do use it for things that wont be effected if Javascript is disabled or not supported. I also like to allow it as an OPTION rather than a requirement. So I might have a Javascript clock that gives up to the second time, or they click PHP clock, and then they get the time each time the page is reloaded....

Thanks for the response, I only wish you had better news.

Bye.

Thats what I suspected... I was hoping that some how the XML would make the Javascript a server side language...

I don't like to use any Javascript, because if the browser isn't capable of handling it then you run into problems. I do use it for things that wont be effected if Javascript is disabled or not supported. I also like to allow it as an OPTION rather than a requirement. So I might have a Javascript clock that gives up to the second time, or they click PHP clock, and then they get the time each time the page is reloaded....

Thanks for the response, I only wish you had better news.

Bye.

Everything I use ajax for is simply a feature for an easier time using my site, nothing that is a requirement. for example if you use it on a form, and use onsubmit in the form tag, simply return false on the javascript function that is called, and if javascript is disabled, it'll submit the form normally

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.