have a php website running in IIS which works fine except can't connect to mysql

cluce

I can someone tell me what I can do to fix this error? 

Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\email_username.php on line

I have these extensions enabled:

extension=php_mysql.dll

extension=php_mysqli.dll

I am not sure what else to do?"?

yep. When I use the Apache server everything works fine. It's only when I use IIS. I get the connection area.  The reason I am trying to use IIS because thats the only way I know how to publish the site on my internal network for other people to see in my domain.  I dont know how to do that with Apache. I can only view my website locally (on my machine)with Apache.

I'm not very profecient with IIS or mysqli (I prefer Apache and mysql) but maybe (just maybe) you need to change the settings on some .dll file to execute.

Again, i'm not sure what file and if it will help but I do recall reading something similar elsewhere.

Saf

Installation on Windows Systems

MySQLi is not enabled by default, so the php_mysqli.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.

As with enabling any PHP extension (such as php_mysqli.dll), the PHP directive extension_dir should be set to the directory where the PHP extensions are located. See also the Manual Windows Installation Instructions. An example extension_dir value for PHP 5 is c:\php\ext

Note: If when starting the web server an error similar to the following occurs: "Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysqli.dll'", this is because php_mysqli.dll and/or libmysql.dll cannot be found by the system.

www.php.net/mysqli  have you looked into that?

thanks for all your help. but yes I have done all that. I added the extensions, configured php.ini, copied libmysqli.dll in windows directory and checked all the extensions.

Now I am using wamp which I dont think it makes a difference as long as I am using the right php directory and dll files like I would with the standard php setup. I am sure you know this but wamp is php, apache and mysql all in one.

Using IIS and when I logon to a dynamic web page its like it can get to my database?? But it is there?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.