PHP Application Environment!?

DegreeZ

Hey,

I normally code in ASP.NET.  I use application developments like Visual Studio .NET and Web Matrix.

I'm fairly new to coding in PHP.  Any PHP programmers out there that can recommend a good php development app?

Thanks,

I like notpad2.

notepad++ is also really good.

then instal xammp on your pc, it installs an apache +mysql server on there and you can just work from localhost to develop your work offline

don' t really know what else to say, framworks and dev programs in my oppinion just create bloated code that doesn't run as fast.

as for hardware, (not that you're asking this) a dual display setup is what I use, dunno what everyone else has, though I'd be interested in hearing.

I have an n420c laptop hooked up with an additional 17" lcd. I figure this winter I'll get 2x 22" + a display splitter to trick the laptop into thinking the 2 lcds are one.

personally... i just switched from notepad... to notepad++... was a good change... havent found any faults with it as of yet :-) but you wouldnt catch me dead using other programs(dreamweaver, etc...)

Notepad++ is great, I used to use pspad but that just didn't feel right. Than I found the open source notepad++ and have not changed yet.

That is my recommendation.  I would never use dreamweaver for php, what a piece of junk program.

If you want an IDE Zend makes a great ide, never used it but yea.

you wouldnt catch me dead using other programs(dreamweaver, etc...)

Good man. 8-) Dreamweaver sucks herpes infested scrotum.

Also...UltraEdit. Basically, a very suped up notepad. Does not generate any code. You do all the work. It just has a ton of nice features for editing. You can open files via the file transfer protocol, and work on code real-time. Extremely nice. (One feature I like, it highlights the closing braces when you put your cursor next to one in a function/class.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.