I need help with php problem

Rooboi

Yes i am a newbie on here, and with php, The past 7 months i have been learning about Html, and php. Well i have been running a phpfox site, Good site i may add. Well, I brought a K-rate script here a few months back, And i am just now installing the k-rate script onto a site domain that i own. Well the installing went fine, But i have found an error that i have no idea where to look for this nor do i know much about php or mysql.  I will post the error in a second. This error i get each time i go and update my preferences. Everything else works just when updating the preferences i get this error. I have submitted an ticket for help with Krate, but this was two days ago. And i still haven't heard from them. This is a pretty serious matter cause, I need to get this problem fix, So i can move on to other things that i need to do with the site. Any help would be great.

I have looked in the manual and everything is right. I am not sure why i get this error.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE q_required=1' at line 1

Failed query: SELECT * FROM WHERE q_required=1

Thanks for your support and help on this.

(Sorry if i posted this in the wrong post)

Rooboi

The table name is missing from that query.  Is there somewhere where you should have configured a table name for mysql?

For context, mysql organizes all data into "tables".  For example, you might have one table for customers, one for orders, one for products, etc etc

i too agree with btherl...

look at this.. Failed query: SELECT * FROM WHERE q_required=1  ...

you have to check why the table is missing.... that variable should be dynamic and must be empty for some reason...

you have to check that out..

And i am just now installing the k-rate script onto a site domain that i own....This error i get each time i go and update my preferences. Everything else works just when updating the preferences i get this error.

I understand that you are trying to set some preferences to your site using the K-rate. I think the script needs some kind of parameters or values that you need to give before you run the K-rate script. That value is missed in the sql query and throwed an error.

Run the script again and make sure you give all the values that need to run the script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.