Mysql dump fie into php search page

gavenf

Ok I have a problem.  I have a dump file out of mysql that I want to use to create a search page from for my site.  I only want to search the company name the position or the country at the moment.  So depending on what is searched for in either of those three I want o return a result on a page in a table type format.

The sql file is attached as sql.txt

[attachment deleted by admin]

<?php
// select all from your database and display in a table
// first you have to make sure you're connected to the database which can be done
// using a separate file that has that info and include it like this
include 'dbinfo.php';

// now that you are connected you can query the database
$sql = "SELECT * FROM tablenamegoeshere";

// that * means to summon everything. Now we execute the query and put all the data into a variable $results
$results = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());

// the $results variable now contains all your field data which needs to be separated into the proper columns

// now we are going to start our display of the data in a table and rows
echo "<table width='100%' border='1'>";
echo "<th>Field One</th><th>Field Two</th><th>Field Three</th>";

// The <th> tag makes a name at the top of each column for the field

// now we use a while loop to create as many table rows as needed and as many table cells <td> as needed 
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($results)) {
  echo "<tr><th>".$row['fieldname1']."</td><td>".$row['fieldname2']."></td><td>".$row['fieldname3']."</td></tr>";
}
// now we close the table tag
echo "</table>\n";

// my example shows just 3 table fields. However, you can use as many as you need with the only problem being 
// how much space you have width wise. So, if you had 30 fields then obviously you can't have them go all 
// in one row. You may have to go vertical with those.

// now all you need to do is close the script. This is a very simple and plain search and display. You can use
// it as a guide on how to do it. If you need more specific data and not everything from the database then use
// this method for the search
$sql = "SELECT something, something2, something3, etc FROM nameoftable WHERE somefield='someinfo'";

// that would narrow it down. You'd use the same display method if you wish.
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.