[SOLVED] Extremely Simple and Noobie News Script

MasterACE14

I have created a very basic and noobie News script. (highly user friendly)

but I am receiving the following error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in C:\WebServer\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\php test scripts\news.php on line 51

heres is the entire script.

<?php
///////////////////////////////////
//                     News Page                      //
//           Created by ACE - 2007           //
///////////////////////////////////

//=============================================================================================================================================================
// ---------------------
// Configuration
//----------------------
//=============================================================================================================================================================

// Put in your websites name, example: Google
$websitename = "Google";

// Put in what color you want your background to be. Note: must be hexadecimal. Example: 000000  , that would make a black background
$backgroundcolor = "000000";

// Put in what you want the Text Color to be. Note: must be hexadecimal. Example: FFFFFF  , that would make the text color white
$textcolor = "FFFFFF";

// Put in what color you want active hyperlinks to be. Note: must be hexadecimal. Example: FF0000  , that would make active hyperlinks gold
$link = "FF0000";

// Put in what color you want Visited Links to be. Note: must be hexadecimal. Example: 00FF00  , that would make visited links lime/green
$vlink = "00FF00";

// ---------------------
// News Information
//----------------------

// Put in your name, or Alias. Example: John
$name = "John";

// Put in your News. Note: Can be of pretty much any length. Note: you can also put in <br> within your news message, <br> does a line break so you can use that to neaten your news.  
// Example: Welcome to my Website,<br> This is my new News section created by ACE.<br> Which is where I will display News!
$news = "Welcome to my Website,<br> This is my new News section created by ACE.<br> Which is where I will display News!";

?>

<!--
This News Page was created by ACE, 2007
-->

<html>
<head>
<title><?php$websitename?> - News</title>
</head>
<body text="#<?php$textcolor?>" link="#<?php$link?>" vlink="#<?php$vlink?>" bgcolor="#<?php$backgroundcolor?>">
<center>
<u><h3><?phpecho($websitename);?> - News</h3></u>
<hr>
<br>
<?php
<i>echo($name);</i><br><br>
echo($news);<br><br>
?>
<hr>
<i>brought to you by <?phpecho($websitename);?></i>
</center>
</body>
</html>

Can someone please tell me what is causing the error?

and please no harsh criticism about the coding  ;D i know its crap, but i'm just a beginner.  :)

Regards ACE

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.