[SOLVED] Dynamic forms?

B34ST

Hi,

I have a form where users can input step by step guides. There is no limit on the number of steps for each guide so instead of displaying a set amount of input boxes I want to add just one named step1 then if the user requires a step 2 they can click add another step and another box pops up under step 1 named step 2 etc I dont want any of the informatin to be submited untill the user has stopped adding steps and clicks the submit button.

I am not sure if this can be done with php?

any ideas?

Well first of all you'd need a to make a button with an onclick:"" that triggers the function that adds another box in javascript. I'm gonna look something up on google for your specific needs and I'll keep you posted. (I don't know javascript but I'm always willing to learn myself).

Javascript/HTML

<script type="text/javascript">
function add_file(id, i) {
if (document.getElementById(id + '_' + i).innerHTML.search('uploadinputbutton') == -1) {
	document.getElementById(id + '_' + i).innerHTML = '<textarea class="uploadinputbutton" name="step[]"></textarea><br /><span id="' + id + '_' + (i+1) + '"><input type="button" value="Add Another Step" onClick="add_file(\'' + id + '\', ' + (i+1) + ');" /><\/span>\n';
}
}
<form action="view.php" method="post">
<textarea class="uploadinputbutton" name="step[]"></textarea>
<br>
<span id="file_1">
<input value="Add Another Step" onclick="add_file('file', 1);" type="button">
</span>
</form>

PHP (view.php)

<?php
echo '<ol>';
foreach($_POST['step'] as $step){
echo '<li>'.$step.'</li>';
}
echo '</ol>';
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.