PHP Checkboxes

Drezard

Okay, so I want to create a one of those systems where it pulls records from the database, puts them into a table, then put a checkbox next to each record and at the bottom of the table it has a drop down box with actions like 'Delete selected records' and stuff like that. Any clue on where I could find a tutorial or some code to do this. I know how to do the 'Delete selected records' bit and the display records in a table, but i need help with the checkbox bit and which boxes are checked.

Thanks, Daniel

Well its common question..

You do one thing.

Give the  name serially like check1 check2 check3 to each checkbox .... and values for that checkboxes should be the primary key id for.

and in post u can loop for check* where *=1,2,3,4etc.. and chek if value is posted or not. if value is posted then u can go for deleting the record.

no, you do not do that.

You create an array of checkbox values.

<?php
foreach ($records as $record)
{
    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"{$record['id']}\" name=\"check[]\"/>\n";
}
?>

Then on the receiving page, you traverse the array:

<?php
foreach ($_POST['check'] as $checkbox)
{
    delete_record($checkbox);
}
?>

after sufficient validation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.