Apache 2.2.4 / PHP 5.2.3 Memory Leaks?

OK!

I installed Apache 2.2.4 (using the MSI installer) then picked up the SSL version @ Apache Lounge and copied it over the top. Installed PHP5 with the zip file, added the extra lines to my httpd.conf to use the PHP5 Module and away I went.

The problem is, that after 3-4 hours of Apache being up, it grows dramatically in size from 30MB up to 200MB and eventually continues to consume all RAM available. It seems to only occur when PHP is enabled, but I'm not sure if its something in my php.ini configuration or, some sort of script. I've gone through the access logs and found nothing that directly links it to an increase in RAM.

I only have php_mysql, php_mysqlli and php_mcrypt extensions installed. Is there anything in configuration that would cause this sort of behavior? If it is some sort of script running, is there anything I can do to prevent Apache consuming all my resources? I have noticed that after enabling either php_mysql and php_mysqli that the stop time of Apache significantly increases after it being up for some time, is this normal?

Is it likely PHP extensions would cause this? I am also slightly confused as to what extensions should be installed with PHP for general server use.....If someone could give me a quick run down on the "essential" ones that would be great!

Please help!

-Grant

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.