creating a search function

Hi

I need to create a search function for a recruitment company website that allows the user to select from one drop down box whether the job is permanent, temporary or search all jobs and from that select the job category.

i have tried looking for tutorials on the web but cant find anything. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to find a tutorial to help me complete this?

it needs to work like the advanced search function on this webiste but only have the  Job Type and Job Category search options:

http://www.spring.com/springpersonnel/candidates/JobSearch.asp

many thanks

Can anyone help me on this?

Basically i would like the search to work like this - the user will first will be to select the vacancy type with the options

<option>temporary</option>

<option>permenent</option>

<option>search all</option>

and the second list selects the job type

<option>Sales</option>

<option>Office</option>

<option>Driving</option>

depending on the selected options then this would pull the relevent data from the database adn display it on the search results page.

Could anyone tell me the correct term for this type of search so i can try and find some tutorials on the web as i can't find any at present and am a bit unsure as to where to start with this

many thanks

At mmarif4u: I disagree. Unless ive misunderstood, the options in the second drop down box are NOT dependant on the value selected in the first.

In answer to the original question, i would imagine that some basic php/mysql tutorials would cover everything that you need - although it might not be in context, what you're trying to do isn't too difficult and it should be reasonably straight forward to apply what you learn in one tutorial to this problem.

For instance, this tutorial here:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/78/0.php

is about making a membership system, but will almost certainly cover the bits you need to do. Alternatively, there are some basic tutorials here:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial_cat/8/Basics-&-Beginner-Tutorials.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.