Configure PHP mail() to use Port 587 with Postfix?

hawzor

I know what you are thinking: just set smtp_port = 587 in php.ini. Good advice....for a Windows system. Seems that *nix PHP configuration doesn't respect that directive at all.

I am posting everywhere I read to ask for assistance. You would be surprised how uninformative the web is about this.....You may be asking why bother with that at all? It turns out that my DKIMproxy implementation for Postfix only sends DKIM headers when sent through Port 587 (not when sent through 25, which my PHP webforms automatically prefer doing).

I know that the Squirrelmail project created a class called Deliver.class.php that somehow (~1600 lines later) sets the PHP sending port to 587. I tried to utilize this class, but it is pretty large and that workaround did not seem to be panning out after several hours. No response yet from the class author.

Does anybody know of any other lightweight open source class that is floating around out there for just this porpose? I promise to share the coordinates back here if found.

Alternatively, if somebody knows how to tell DKIMproxy to ALSO create headers for port 25 sends, that would be much appreciated and considered elite. (The author says it was not written that way...)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.