PHP developed website, randomly crashing under Internet Explorer

jwhite68

A website that I have in development - written with PHP,Javascript,HTML,css, against a MySQL database, is crashing Internet Explorer.  It does not appear to occur on the same events every time - as when I repeat events, they sometimes work.  And sometimes it can go for half and hour without any problems at all.

I'd assume if there was a bug in the code, it would consistently generate an error.

Does anyone else have any experience of this kind of issue?

I wanted to know if writing PHP, that generates HTML, can possibly crash IE if for example the code it generates doesnt strictly follow W3C guidelines.

I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2.

would you happen to know if where your website is hosted, has its CPU and Memory jumped up recently?

I found on my website I had a poorly coded PHP Function and that was literally overheating the server it was hosted on.

just a though, it may or may not help...

Regards ACE

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.