Commenting and rating system

victor97

Hi!

I am working on a new website. This website should be able to let visiters login and add articles and other visiters can rate the articles and give comments to the articles.

So the functionality will be (and not limited by):

- User registration

- User profile

- Add articles

- Rating system

- Commenting system

I was wondering if there is a nice open-source PHP module available which should be able to supply the most of these requirements. Reinventing the wheel is not what I want, Improving the wheel I don't mind  ;) It is always nice to share new functionality to the rest of the open-source community.

Does someone know a nice module which I could try? I tried a few which I found on the internet, but non of them was working...  :o

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Regards,

Victor

Drupal, Joomla, and Wordpress could all be made to do what you want with varying amounts of work.  Each of them has an active community developing extensions/plugins/whatnot which may meet your needs.  I'd go check out their respective sites/irc channels/mailing lists to get a sense of how they cover your needs.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.