Trouble with phpMyAdmin (theme.class.php and theme_manager.class.php

amnivi

Hi all, I'm having some very frustrating issues with installing phpMyAdmin on a client's server.  I'm fairly new at this, and I've only worked with servers where it was already there for me, and have been successful at installing it on my own local testing server.  Whenever I try to access index.php, I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in ./libraries/Theme.class.php on line 62

Fatal error: Class declarations may not be nested in ./libraries/Theme_Manager.class.php on line 7

I'll be happy to post the code for these two files if it would help, I'm not sure if this is a common issue - I've googled and searched this forum and have hit a blank every time.  I'm at my wit's end here - the tech people on my client's server haven't got a clue about this stuff.

That didn't work - I tried even using the previous version and no go.  It's weird - the only think I can do as far as connecting to this database is run a simple connection script.  I am not able to connect to it through Dreamweaver or mySQL query browser, or any trial GUI I could find.  Dreamweaver tells me I don't have a testing server running, mySQL query browser tells me I'm trying to connect to an older version it doesn't support, and the GUI's tell me I have invalid login information.  This is all using the same connection info.  Could it be an issue on the server's end?

Also, this is the exact error message I get when I try and connect to mySQL via Dreamweaver:

The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL.  You try to connect to a database using a different server model .

Rather than using GUI's/clients to connect to mysql. Create a test php script call it mysql-test.php and place the following code in mysql-test.php:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
display_errors("1");

$username = 'YOUR_MYSQL_USERNAME_HERE';
$password = 'YOUR_MYSQL_PASSWORD_HERE';

$database = 'YOUR_MYSQL_DATABASE_HERE';

echo 'Attempting server connection...<br><br>'

$conn = mysql_connect('localhost', $username, $password) or die('Unable to connect to MySQL server:<br>', . mysql_error());

echo 'Connected Successfully!<br><br>';

echo 'Selecting database....<br><br>';

mysql_select_db($database) or die('Unable to connect to db:<br>', . mysql_error());

echo 'Successfully selected database!';

?>

Upload mysql-test.php to your site then go to mysite.com/msql-test.php

Post all output you get when you run that script here.

Opps sorry had a few typo's.

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
display_errors("1");

$username = 'YOUR_MYSQL_USERNAME_HERE';
$password = 'YOUR_MYSQL_PASSWORD_HERE';

$database = 'YOUR_MYSQL_DATABASE_HERE';

echo 'Attempting server connection...<br><br>';

$conn = mysql_connect('localhost', $username, $password) or die('Unable to connect to MySQL server:<br>' . mysql_error());

echo 'Connected Successfully!<br><br>';

echo 'Selecting database....<br><br>';

mysql_select_db($database) or die('Unable to connect to db:<br>' . mysql_error());

echo 'Successfully selected database!';

?>

OK so everything is working when you test it with PHP directly. So PHP is setup correctly just you are having problem getting phpMyAdmin to work.

Could you post the two files here that you get errors with so I can have a look. Also what version of PHP and MySQL is your client running?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.