Help with search...noob

jbrill

Im trying to create a search for a product database.

so far i can get the keyword search working, but i would also like to be able to search my drop down for the country origin.

I am tryign to fit both into a query, here is what i have come up with:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM products WHERE name LIKE '%".$_REQUEST['search']."%' AND origin='".$_GET['origin']."'");

The problem is,  when put together that way, it doesn't find anything because it is looking for matches to both rows. I would like for it to find either "search" or "origin" however if both functions find the same product i would only like it to display once. I think i need something like unique id or something.. i know its probably hard to explain what I'm trying to accomplish, i hope someone can understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.