[SOLVED] Search query acting up

chadrt

I have a database with almost a million records in it.  My search queries act different on different servers. Below are two sites both are using the same exact query scripts.  But the first one is pulling the information remotely and the second one is pulling the information locally (localhost)  So I cant figure out why it wont work on the one running locally since it is on the same box.

Using the links below you run the query for a Partial lookup you can use KI4 as a search criteria that should show all the results that have KI4 in them.  But one the server where the callsign db is located it just takes you to an Internal Server Error page.  I have SSH access to that server so if there is something that I can do to make it work i.e. modifying the php.ini maybe I dont know.

http://w4rpt.com/modules.php?name=csmodule (Takes a long time to run query but it does work!)

http://callsigndb.info/modules.php?name=csmodule (Doesent work!)

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to lend.

Chad

Yes they are indeed accessing the same database.  I would have thought that if it was timing out it would happen on a remote query and not just a local query.  This is a paid hosting account and unfortunately the logs dont exactly work as they should.  there is a .mysql_access_log file located in my home directory but it is consistently empty.  Other than that the only logs I have access to are the webalizer logs etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I now rent a Virtual Private Server and I have root access on it so I have adjusted all the max limits in the php.ini and my.cnf and so on to make sure my scripts run smoothly on my database that has so many records.  With almost a million records I couldnt afford not to do that if I wanted any performance at all out my scripts.  But thank you for your help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.