Employers Vacation Tracking

proiek

Hello to everyone. Pleased to be here!

I want to create a Vacation Tracking php script for the employers of my company. They will login (i will give them username and pass-they will not create one) and they will choose day and month of the current year for their vacations. (start - end dates). They will not see other's choices of course. Just their own.

When I'll login (admin), I want to see what they choose, so I will have the option to accept or refuse their choice.

I'm kinda confused. Should I create many users on phpmyadmin?

I think it has some similarities with a hotel reservation system. (my idea is simple, of course)

Anyone has something like that? Or can give any designing-creating help?

Thank you in advance.

well, thats very possible, i suppose how interactive you want it to be makes a big difference.  I had to make a calendar type thing were people choose dates and what not, then they are approved based on criteria.  i used the pear calendar thing, this one I believe:

http://pear.php.net/package/Calendar

took a little working with, i keep meaning to get around to posting my mods (making it decent classes and what not) but it not too hard to figure out.

not sure what you programming skills are and what not though.

if you need more help, say so, ill try to dig up what iv got.

-matt

PS: Thought Id let you know I made a table in my DB to include each username and a selection of dates (i also included a whenItWasCreated and a lastModified field, but thats just me.) Then you can easly see who has wants what when.

For the table you probably only want fields similar to the following:

employerid: primary index, auto increment integer

name: varchar

start: int

end: int

accepted: enum['yes','no']

The reason for INT for start and end dates is so that you can simply subtract end from start. If the remaining number is larger than a certain value then you know they've requested too much time. Less than a certain number you know they've not booked all their holiday.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.